18 August 2017

Chocolate's twin girls at ten days old

So I followed the goats around, had several incidents of the older ones photo-bombing my pics, and got quite a few pics of the back ends of Chocolate and often the twins as well as Chocolate led them away from me and that flashy thing I was holding.  Here are just the pics of Chocolate and the very very cute kids at ten days old.
I call this little girl Blue Eyes
(no, not very imaginative)

Chocolate and her twins

the twins have figured out how to jump up on the trunk sections




the usual pose the twins take -
they are bottomless pits!

this girl is my favorite,
Little Firecracker
A note on Firecracker (I figure Blue Eyes' name is obvious): She wasn't even 36 hours old when I saw her lower her head, bounce unsteadily, and make a little noise like she intended to butt heads with her sire.  I remarked to hubby, "This one is gonna be a little firecracker!"  The name just fits.

Both twins are taking the bottle now in the morning.  We had to start crating them at night once Blue Eyes discovered she is the right size to go through the fence.  We don't want a repeat of "lost kids in the night" ... ever.  Needless to say, the twins are voraciously hungry in the morning, and happily take the bottle then.

No comments: