09 January 2018

I got my birthday wish

So back in August when Chocolate kidded, I noticed Prim and Brownie dancing in the back of the pasture and remarked about how I would love to have new baby goats for my birthday (this was five months and one day prior).  Prim may not have been listening, but apparently Molly was.  She kidded twin boys this morning.  Hubby tried to take pics, but the kids were too unsteady on their feet, so the pics aren't clear.  Still, as I remarked in Christmas phone calls, "If I spend my birthday midwifing baby goats into the world, that would be a good birthday!"

And so far, it has been.  It is still so cool to have twin kids born on my birthday ... that's not exactly something that can be planned.  Hopefully, we'll get clear pics tomorrow - right now one is racked out sleeping, and the storm clouds are rolling in.  While last week was colder than all last year's winter, it has warmed up in front of the rain to almost 70F.

No comments: