28 February 2014

Not my best week

Along with the usual aches and pains associated with the latest cold front, this week has had a bit of a crappy start and so far finish.  We kicked things off Monday morning by burying my almost-13 year old cuddle kitty, who died in his sleep from the looks of it.
Chester the Cuddle Kitty, 2001-2014
This morning I fell in the pump house while doing laundry and landed on the PVC piping between the well pump and the storage tank.  Hubby has been working on the repair using supplies left by the previous owner.  To his great credit, he was not upset about suddenly having probably a full day of work - his main concern was making sure I was okay.  It feels like I'll have a rather deep bruise on my side, and I still feel jarred/shaken up over an hour later, but no blood or broken parts.  It's freaky to just fall like that.

At least the snow peas have started to sprout.

Edit: It's 2014 ... I knew that.  I just hit the wrong number.  Twice.

No comments: